Sunday, July 22, 2012

And all that Jazz . . .

I know it's corny using catch phrases but I wanted to post a couple of images that entailed more than my painting of Jazz. First, this is a 6x6 acrylic on Aquabord. I have it in a 6x6 frame that I just got from CanvasPlace.com. They make affordable floater frames in natural and black. I think you could easily stain or paint the natural wood. I am happy with the quality.

 Kira Bigda has been posting on her use of Aquabord, so I gave it a try. The surface is absorbent and it is easy to blend and glaze. I plan on doing more paintings with it.

Second, these are my new business cards from Moo.com. I love their quality.I like ordering from them because you can upload a a variety of images. I think its a good way to show other people examples of your work. I chose the rounded corners. They have a nice feel to them.  I honestly don't mean to be advertising but I wanted to share my new toys!


4 comments:

  1. The painting of Jazz is great. Love the angle as it adds a lot of power to the placement and puts the eye right in the perfect position.

    Thanks for the info on the frames. I ordered some Love the fact I can paint them.
    The cards are wonderful and look a nice quality so I thank you for that info too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, thanks for your comments. Let me know what you think of the frames.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your tip on Moo business cards. I need to get new cards so that will come in helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I missed you on your last trip to San Francisco. Maybe the next time we can paint and exchange our Moo cards :)

    ReplyDelete