Sunday, November 18, 2012

Purple Compliment

Yet another addition for the upcoming Artist Market at the Walnut Creek Civic Arts 11/30 to 12/2. I am calling this the "Purple Compliment" because yellow sits across from purple on the color wheel. These petals are made up of yellow highlights contrasting the deep purple in the background. If you look real close, you can see one of Moe's hairs, which has absolutely nothing to do with the title and everything to do with my frustration living with a hairy beast. I do love him though. This is a 6x6 acrylic on cradled wood panel. Have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So nice of you to say! I kept your lesson on edges in my "art skill" folder. Thanks Julie!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Kaethe! I especially love the rich, colorful darks of the background. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is testing my loyalty to the pink rose but I will remain steadfast.
    Meanwhile this will help me with my white peony endeavors. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take your time with the peonies, even if we need to wait til they are blooming again. Thanks for your comment Jo!

      Delete
  4. Oh bless your heart....That helps because I can not paint when I feel pressure. (Performance anxiety). Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaethe you have such an eye for shape and value, these are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane. Congrats again on your magazine feature!

      Delete